Day 10: Big surf in Rincon

An entire post dedicated to surfing! Yay! 

(If this does not excite you, you might want to skip to day 11)

So, we left off at the overlook by the lighthouse, possibly the prettiest spot to see all the action.





Just look at that wave!


Never will I complain about a crowded line-up again!


Love the golden light reflecting off the ocean


There wasn't a lot of surfing going on close to where we were, but on the rare occasion that someone caught a wave close to shore we had a great view.



The people I booked my lesson with for tomorrow already gave me direction to our meeting place, so we decide to head over and check it out early. 






It's just a small beach and there is less wave action so we drive to Maria's Beach. This clearly is the place to hang out.



Close-out wave



 Time for some surfing!









Even the wipe-outs are spectacular


Think it's all guys? Think again; the girls were out there shreddin' it too.



I would pee myself if I saw a big wall of water like this heading my way


A few spongers got in on the action too


For over an hour we sit and watch the surfers get some amazing rides as the sky is changing colors in the background. I am so glad we decided to come straight to Rincon or we would've missed all of this!





I entered my favorite sunset picture in the Lazy Parrot's best of Rincon online photo contest. It didn't win, but it makes me happy!



I was wrong about the llama. On the way back we run into two teams of oxen pulling carts, plus a bunch of snorting, wide-eyed horses prancing in the dimly lit road.



Never a dull day in Rincon.

Back at the hotel we decide to have pizza from the pizzeria located on the property to save some time. Sandy's been fighting a cold and the rash I first noticed a few days ago keeps getting worse. I am so itchy!

Buenas noches!


Breakfast: Lido Deck Buffet and Omelet Station
Lunch: Utopia
Dinner: Mi Familia's Pizza Poolside
Hotel: The Lazy Parrot


No comments:

Post a Comment